Last Updated: 1st July, 2022
Collection of Information
Peak Reviews collects information about you in several ways: information you directly provide to us, information we collect automatically when you use or access our Services, information collected from unaffiliated third parties or sources, and by using and combining personal data to derive additional personal data from or about you.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
Information You Provide to Us
The types of information we may collect include:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, postal address, online identifier, account name, and phone number
- Identifiers such as business name, username, account number, and password
- Commercial information, such as product wish lists, order history, or marketing preferences
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement
- Information about your business such as company name, size and type
- Demographic information such as your age, education, gender, interests, and zip code
- Payment information such as your credit information, credit card, debit card, or bank account number, other financial information, or communications preferences
- Any other information you choose to provide
Information about Your Use of the Services
We collect information about your use of the Services, such as the search terms you enter, the pages and messages you click, etc.
Automatically Collected Information
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the website you visited before and after navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and unique device identifiers.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that data with information we collect through our Services. For example, we use a third party to gather information to know how many users access a specific webpage and the links clicked.
We may collect public posts to social media platforms that specifically mention Peak Reviews and any of its suite of marketing solutions via our social media handles.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to identify and research opportunities and businesses that we may be interested in doing business with. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our offerings and services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support/administrative messages, and respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Administer your account and fulfil your orders and requests for product or service information;
- Provide product updates;
- Assess the needs of your business to identify and promote suitable products for you;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Peak Reviews, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Conduct research as well as monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with and to improve our Services;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you and otherwise for our marketing, advertising, and promotion activities related to our Services, including via SMS text messages or phone calls to the mobile phone number you provided (with your consent where required by applicable law);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Peak Reviews and others;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights of our customers;
- Comply with our legal obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
In the preceding 12 months we have disclosed the following categories of personal data for commercial or business purposes: (1) identifiers, (2) demographic information, (3) internet or other electronic network activity information, and (4) commercial information such as order history and marketing preferences. We have not sold any personal information to third parties for business or commercial purposes in the preceding 12 months.
We will not share data except in the following circumstances:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Peak Reviews or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Peak Reviews and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party. If we change this policy in the future, we will alert you and also provide individuals with an opt-out or opt-in choice before we share their data with third parties, or before we use it for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorised.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button). Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please review your privacy settings and the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Peak Reviews takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the UK and Other Countries
Peak Reviews is based in the United Kingdom and the information we collect is governed by UK. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United Kingdom and other countries.
Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). If we share EEA Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on our behalf, then we will be liable for that third party’s processing of EEA Data in violation of the Principles, unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Rights Specific to the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and Switzerland
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the United Kingdom (“UK”) or Switzerland (collectively “European Country” or “EC”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of an EC, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to process personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., hosting end-user data as part of the Peak Reviews services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
- You have provided consent for us to process your personal data.
Data Subject Request
If you are a resident of an EC, you may have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of an EC and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your EEA local Data Protection Authority, please see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. To contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”), please see https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. To contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (“FDPIC”), please see https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/links/data-protection—switzerland.html.
Account Information, Account Deletion and Opting
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. If you no longer wish to receive marketing related SMS text messages, you may opt-out of SMS text messages as described in the text message (which may be by replying with STOP to the message you received).
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages for purposes other than the services provided from Peak Reviews by following the email preference instructions in those emails or text messages, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. Please note that changes made to these communication preferences may take sufficient time to effectively reflect your changes.
5 Vicars Hall Lane, M28 1HS, Manchester, United Kingdom